Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FOUR-Book Deal!!!!

So, just over a week ago, I turned in the finishing touches on my fourth western and breathed a huge sigh of relief as I dropped into bed...deadline-free! I figured I'd take a little break before working up any new western proposals...sometime before Christmas maybe...*g* Well, I woke up six hours later to a message from my agent--my editors at Harlequin sent us an offer for FOUR MORE WESTERNS. =:-O

I was stunned, and excited to say the least. After some pleasant negotiations and working out deadlines that didn't give me chest pain *g* , we've accepted the offer :)

  • The first of the new four westerns will be my third Wild book - Garret's story, the final book in the Wild Trilogy.
  • Next is a Spring Bride Anthology, with Harlequin Historical authors Jillian Hart and Judith Stacy--release date, June '09. Right now, this short story is shaping up to be a continuation of my own Bride series.
  • The next two books will be full-length western historicals ~ that's about all I know at this point, but more cowboys is always a good thing ;-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooo Hooooo -- 4 more Stacey Kayne westerns! I can't wait! We want hints of what is to come -- don't keep us in suspense.

GARRETT!!! I'm a happy girl!

Stacey Kayne said...

LOL! Hints, huh? Well, there will be a hunky cowboy, fiesty herione and some dastardly bad guys...all amid the infamous blizzard of 1886 that nearly wiped out the Wyoming cattle industry. You know what that means...Garret and his wild woman will need to keep warm ;-)

THANKS, Sheila!

Unknown said...

You got to love those cowboys. They are just to sexy. So bring on those Historical they are my favorite.

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Virginia!

So glad to hear it! Thanks for stopping by :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME STACEY!!!!!!!

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD DONATE BOOKS/MAGAZINES TO AN IRAC PLATOON MY CITY ADOPTED?

LINDARB49@HOTMAIL.COM

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Linda,

I'd be happy to donate books! You can send the info to stacey@staceykayne.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Stacey Kayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin Hoy said...

Congratulations on the new books! I can't wait to read them. Very nice blog and news page. Keep up the great writing.
Caitlin

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Caitin!

Thank you! I'm glad you like the site--I love the soft colors...and of course....the cowboy on my western pages ;-)

Missy said...

Woo Hoo, I am so happy Garret is getting his own story. The poor guy needs a good woman! :-)

More cowboys is ALWAYS a good thing! YEE-HAW!!! ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Missy! It's definitely time for Garret to get the girl--had to roughen up his edges a little bit in MAVERICK ;-) Heart-ache makes true love all the more sweeter *g*