Saturday, April 21, 2007

Uh-Oh...Hazards Of Research


While working on BRIDE OF VENGEANCE, I was telling my critique partner about my heroine's silver hot chocolate server. A San Francisco resident, Lily cannot go without her morning cup of Chocolate.

Helpful vixen that my CP is, she sent me a link for antique chocolate pots. And OMG! I am in love!


The silver chocolate pot is from 1852. The ceramic pots didn't gain popularity until the 1890's and early 1900's.

Now, I am not one for nicknacks--if it has to be dusted or watered, it's not for me, but I think I will have to make an exception!
When I end up writing just to support my chocolate pot fetish, I shall blame Sheila Raye ;-)


4 comments:

Terri Garey said...

Oh, Lord. I'm reliving the "eBay" year when I couldn't stop buying antique perfume bottles or opal carvings. I finally had to cut myself off cold turkey (but I've got some beautiful perfume bottles and opal carvings!)

Rock on, O Ye Obsessive Compulsives!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't be blaming me for your new fetish. I take enough heat for the phone bill.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!! With my uncontrollable desire to ebay - I think I should be keeping myself far away from Shelia. LOL.

Beth Andrews said...

They are all so pretty! And there's nothing wrong with forming a new obsession -- we need something to spend our hard earned money on :-)